Yesterday, I moved my Gitlab to a new server, including changing from Manual Install (former best practice for a production server) to Omnibus, from MySQL to PostgreSQL, updating from 7.7.1 to 7.12.0, and from Ubuntu 14.04 to 15.04 (yes, I know that’s not an LTS). Here’s what I did:
- Update the old server to 7.12.0 (and confirm that it worked properly), then do a backup using
sudo -u git -H bundle exec rake gitlab:backup:create RAILS_ENV=production.
- Follow the instructions here to migrate that backup to PostgreSQL.
- SCP the backup file to the new server.
- Install 7.12.0 on the new server using the Omnibus package from the repository.
- Restore the backup onto the new server using
sudo gitlab-rake gitlab:backup:restore BACKUP=MY_TIMESTAMP.
Everything seems to be working perfectly, except for one thing: Activity views don’t seem to be updating anymore. For instance, one of our developers pushed commits to two repositories, and neither the overall activity view on the home page, nor the group activity view, nor the project activity views show these commits. However, when I go into the list of commits for the projects, I see the commits that were made.
What could be causing this? How can I fix it?