I am new to GitLab and wonder how to enable some things.
My workflow is as follows:
- users can indirectly contribute to a main project thanks to merge requests from a forked project
- each commit, tag, push, merge request in the main project runs a pipeline with test, build and deploy jobs
- deploy jobs consist in pushing the build (after a tag creation only) to a remote server, say with a scp command
I am facing 2 issues:
- how to update the forked repository with changes in the main repository from the Gitlab UI ? (I cannot see the “Mirroring Repositories section” as explained in https://about.gitlab.com/2016/12/01/how-to-keep-your-fork-up-to-date-with-its-origin/) ?
- how to configure the CI process to prevent a forked project to upload its own builds to the remote server while it executes its own pipeline ?
My .gitlab-ci.yml file looks like this:
test: script: - do_test build: stage: build script: - do_build deploy_production: stage: deploy script: - scp <file> <remote> only: - tags - master
Have you got some suggestions or solutions ?