Hi we have a manual job in our gitlab pipeline which we want to deactivate from time to time for a few hours or days. At best the deactivation should be possible without changing the yaml files for pipeline configuratin. Is there a possibility to set a variable in the gitlab webbrowser gui which disables the job temporary ?
Yes, you can use Deploy Freeze!
In your manual job, add:
rules: - if: $CI_DEPLOY_FREEZE == null
Then, to set the times:
- Sign in to GitLab as a user with project Maintainer permissions.
- Navigate to Project overview .
- In the left navigation menu, navigate to Settings > CI / CD .
- Scroll to Deploy freezes .
- Click Expand to see the deploy freeze table.
- Click Add deploy freeze to open the deploy freeze modal.
- Enter the start time, end time, and timezone of the desired deploy freeze period.
- Click Add deploy freeze in the modal.
Attention! At the moment you can edit or delete freeze periods only through APIs, and not GUI
Thanks @rpadovani for answer, i will try this .