GitLab CE Failure after Updating

I’m running a Ubuntu 18.04 VPS from DigitalOcean with an image preinstalled with GitLab CE. Upon preforming the latest update, my server has now only responded with 502, the logs indicating some issue starting Unicorn ( however using the gitlab-ctl start does show Unicorn starting OK ).

The stderr.log for Unicorn /var/log/gitlab/unicorn/stderr.log is uploaded on my primary server here (, along with the log I got from running gitlab-ctl tail ( I have absolutely no clue what to do, but I need this server back online ASAP. Since I’ve switched entirely from GitHub to GitLab CE, that means every project of mine is hosted on here.

If somebody and try and help me, I’d really appreciate it. If I’m forgetting any information that might be important, please tell me and I’ll try to find it. Thanks in advanced.

Oh, and running gitlab-ctl status gives

root@gitlab-s-1vcpu-2gb-nyc1-01:~# gitlab-ctl status
run: alertmanager: (pid 16251) 239168s; run: log: (pid 1097) 245495s
run: gitaly: (pid 16262) 239167s; run: log: (pid 1088) 245495s
run: gitlab-monitor: (pid 16276) 239167s; run: log: (pid 1095) 245495s
run: gitlab-workhorse: (pid 16279) 239166s; run: log: (pid 1107) 245495s
run: logrotate: (pid 8678) 1531s; run: log: (pid 1091) 245495s
run: nginx: (pid 16294) 239165s; run: log: (pid 1090) 245495s
run: node-exporter: (pid 16299) 239165s; run: log: (pid 1120) 245495s
run: postgres-exporter: (pid 16313) 239165s; run: log: (pid 1106) 245495s
run: postgresql: (pid 16325) 239164s; run: log: (pid 1092) 245495s
run: prometheus: (pid 16333) 239163s; run: log: (pid 1119) 245495s
run: redis: (pid 16340) 239163s; run: log: (pid 1093) 245495s
run: redis-exporter: (pid 16347) 239162s; run: log: (pid 1104) 245495s
run: sidekiq: (pid 12286) 3s; run: log: (pid 1096) 245495s
run: unicorn: (pid 12236) 23s; run: log: (pid 1103) 245495s

if it helps to know that. I’m not sure what’s going on where, but the server’s been giving 502 for about four days now!

Okay, so as it usually goes, as soon as I post, I find what went wrong. I ran gitlab-ctl reconfigure, then, preformed a prometheus update as it suggested. I was getting errors that the disk was full. So, I resized my VPS’s disk, and what-do-you-know, everything magically seems to work again.