Group permissions for docker registry using system variables login method
- Each pipeline in each project authenticates by:
docker login -u $CI_REGISTRY_USER -p $CI_REGISTRY_PASSWORD $CI_REGISTRY
- After that each pipeline has an access only to the specific project registry.*
What do I want to achieve:
- I have a project in the same group where I plan to store “shared” docker images that are used by each project we have.
- When I try to run pipeline with this auth. method using per-pipeline variables, I receive http basic auth. error.
- I don’t want to create any new user with deploy token. I want to use only system variables
My question is:
- Is there any way to authenticate to docker registry which is in the same group but in the different project using only system variables like
$CI_REGISTRY_PASSWORDand not to create user with special deploy tokens?
Thank a lot for your time. Best regards!