Hey folks, is anyone here attending KubeCon EU in May? Let us know by replying here so we can plan to meet up.
Here is an overview of some the activities we have planned:
Live Session - From Monitoring to Observability: Left Shift your SLOs with Chaos by Michael Friedrich
- Date/Time: Friday, May 20 • 16:00 - 16:35
- Speaker: Michael Friedrich, Senior Developer Evangelist at GitLab
- Description: Security has shifted left in CI/CD pipelines. Traditional service monitoring moved on with metrics, logs and traces and observability embraces the unknown unknowns. Developers and SREs are instrumenting applications with distributed tracing. How do service level objectives (SLOs) add to the bigger picture? This talk invites into a developer’s tale about ops deployment scalability, availability threshold definitions and measuring application performance. What are the benefits of app instrumentation, metrics and traces and where does the journey start? Dev becomes Ops: SLOs need to be well understood and simulated early in the development process. New building blocks come to play: Continuous Delivery, quality gates and chaos engineering - is it possible to left shift SLOs with Chaos in your CI/CD pipelines?
- Schedule link
GitLab Booth - Location: Pavilion 2 Booth P4
Activities include an expert bar, live demos, and opportunities to learn about GitLab including how GitLab can help you with:
- Delivery Automation
- Continuous Software Security Assurance
- Continuous Software Compliance
- DevOps Platform Solution
Activation Zone - Location: Pavilion 1, Activation Zone 1
Chill out in the lightning talk lounge, recharge, and hear lightning talks from some of our own GitLab experts, partners & customers about how they & their teams use GitLab to collaborate on their projects. Come by the expert bar and get any of your GitLab questions answers and check out our Coding Challenge for 2022 that kicks off at KubeCon EU! Lastly, jump into our VR GitLab racetrack and race your peers for some awesome GitLab SWAG! See you there!
- We’ll be hosting a live coding challenge in our Activation Zone. There will also be opportunities for folks to participate in the coding challenge virtually.