We had a 7.4.0 source install which I upgraded to a 7.4.0 omnibus installation. I then upgraded it up to 8.17.0, to match the other standalone server we were migrating to.
I exported one repository and imported it into the new gitlab instance.
What I’ve noticed:
The Activity list is completely in reverse order, with no way to correct it. I’m seeing Merge Request 1 from 2 years ago at the top of the list, instead of the most recent one from a few days ago.
Push events are not transferred.
Would really like for #2 to be there, but #1 is the real sticking point.
I’ve attempted this in 8.17.0 and I also attempted to upgrade the original server to 9.0.0 and do an export and reimport into itself, with the same results. No push events and the activity list in reverse order. This is reproducable, as I’ve tried repeatedly to export/import on the 2 different versions.