I have successfully set up Sourcetree with Gitlab on several machines. But each time I feel like I have a different process.
- Install Sourcetree, which installes Git
- Add a remote account; for this I create an access token. This allows me to see my repos
- Create an SSH Key pair using ssh-hetgen
- Import that into pageant, because for some reason keys I create with putty (.ppk) won’t be accepted by gitlab
- import the public key into gitlab
- Attempt to clone a repot… this works SOMETIMES
Every so often I get the Credentials Manager to pop open and I am never able to clone.
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?