The programming languages bar (linguist) is showing the incorrect languages in my gitlab project:
In github it is displayed correctly:
.gitattributes file contains:
which should ignore html, js, css and xml files… yet, it is showing 81% HTML where it should be 99% Groovy.
How can I fix it?
I have the same problem with
-linguist-detectable on GitLab (the second come from linguist/overrides.md at master · github/linguist · GitHub)
Are you sure you need
*.groovy linguist-detectable=true (it seems it’s already here linguist/languages.yml at master · github/linguist · GitHub)
Have you tried to mark the others as
linguist-documentation ? (edit:
linguist-documentation didn’t work either)
Maybe gitlab has an older version of linguist than github…
I’ve noticed within the last 2-3 weeks that the language stats in some of my repos are off: files marked as
linguist-generated are now being included in the stats again.
@standage Now that you mention, I remember now that it used to work before. So it must be something broken. Thank you for creating the issue. I will keep track of it.
@tcarne Yes, I don’t think I need
*.groovy linguist-detectable=true, but I left it there long time ago and I assume it should not cause any issue. I haven’t tried
linguist-documentation yet. Still, I agree with @standage. Something may be wrong as it should work with
linguist-detectable=false and it used to work before.