- self hosted gitlab
- gitlab: 13.12.4ee
- Docker version 20.10.2, build 20.10.2-0ubuntu1~20.04.2
Im a little stuck here.
I have used the registry successfully one time and was able to push a container, now the login fails… sort of…
- My root access token is enabled for everything (api, read_user, read_api, read_repository, write_repository, read_registry, write_registry, sudo)
- Created a repo access token same results as above
- checked that port is still open:
ben@gitlab2:/etc/gitlab$ sudo lsof -i -P -n | grep registry
registry 2308089 registry 3u IPv4 9468664 0t0 TCP 127.0.0.1:5000 (LISTEN)
- tried changing the registry port in the gitlab.rb to 5050 but it didnt seem to take. the listening port was still 5000, and got the same results… i could login using the base url but not push or pull
- tried adding /v1/ to the login url both with and without ports… same result
- multiple restarts and reconfigures
after logging in to the url without the port and trying to push a container i get:
- 404 The page could not be found or you don’t have permission to view it.The resource that you are attempting to access does not exist or you don’t have the necessary permissions to view it.
when pulling the container that exists in the repo i get:
- ben@ub-box:~/ess/ess/app$ docker pull gitlab2.recurve-it.com/bens-group/ess/app:latest
Error response from daemon: error parsing HTTP 404 response body: unexpected end of JSON input: “”
the following is my registry config in gitlab.rb:
- registry_external_url ‘https://gitlab2.recurve-it.com’
gitlab_rails[‘registry_enabled’] = true
gitlab_rails[‘registry_host’] = “gitlab2.recurve-it.com”
gitlab_rails[‘registry_port’] = “5000”
everything else for the registry is default and commented.
the one time i was able to get a login and push to work, i used the port in the url, now it cant even log in with the port.
I am at a loss now what to try next. any help would be appreciated.