I can’t log into Gitlab.com, which I use every day, all day, for work, on multiple projects.
- I’m using Chrome, Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- I’m on Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, build 18362.900
- I’m trying to access
gitlab.com, not a self-hosted instance.
- I can load the gitlab.com webpage fine in chrome, but when I go to this link: https://gitlab.com/users/sign_in?redirect_to_referer=yes it fails to load a webpage and gives me an error, see image below.
- I’m not using a VPN on chrome
- I have allowed chrome through the firewall
- The problem suddenly arose after trying to setup Forestry.io for a Hugo site running on Gitlab Pages.
- I happen to also have Brave installed, and by accident I’m still logged into Gitlab on that browser.
- The repo I’m currently trying to access is also giving me an “An error occurred while fetching folder content.” error when loading the root of the project in Brave. I don’t know if this is related, but it seemed to begin at the same time.
- I’m loath to mess with the Brave login unless I absolutely have to, because it’s my only backup plan if I don’t get help
- It’s possible that Brave is using a different IP address or VPN, I don’t know a lot about it yet.
- I wonder if I might have triggered some sort of DDOS protection or rate limit by using Forestry.io
- I’ve already run windows diagnostics. No problems found.
- No other websites are affected.
- Not warnings are displayed to me generally that might indicate a ban or rate limit, when viewing the account from Brave.
- I’ve already cleared my Chrome cache, and that didn’t help.
- I’ve tried a hard refresh (ctrl+F5), no luck
- The login issue persisted even when I tried to use Gitlab authentication to sign up for this very forum.
- At no point am I permitted to even enter my credentials into the site, when viewed through chrome, so no, it’s not that I forgot my password.
- I’ve tried restarting my computer.
I’ll gladly answer any questions to get this resolved.