We’re experiencing issues pushing tags from our Jenkins machine to Gitlab, after a migration from Github. The error reported is as follows:
cmd: git push --tags
output: ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
Branch involved here is
develop; our master branch.
Troubleshooting we’ve done so far:
- Checked SSH keys; these seem correct. We can pull, push (without tags) normally.
- Checked write ability of SSH keys; checked, toggled as test. No result.
- Checked network; See above, seemingly no problem.
- Added new SSH keys as test; no changes.
- Disabled protection on master branch. No changes.
- Checked and verified protected tags were off. No changes.
- Disabled/enabled keys by means of test.
What might it be, and what other tests can we do to isolate the issue?