We have had our GitLab group for free for a while now. This we have applied for the GitLab Education Gold and got accepted. We are currently struggling to add that promotion to our existing group instead of creating a new one. Is there a way to do this @chupy?
Hi @rokasgie - Welcome to the GitLab for Education Program! Thanks for the question.
You will need to link your GitLab.com Gold subscription to your GitLab account in the Customer Portal.
Please do the following:
- Log into the customer portal using your email address.
- Navigate to Manage Purchases.
- Select Change linked groups
- Select the desired group from the This subscription is for dropdowns .
- Select Proceed to checkout.
After the GitLab group is associated with your subscription, you are able to authenticate the group:
- Click on “Edit” over a subscription.
- You’ll be redirected to GitLab.com for OAuth login.
- At this point, you need to make sure you’re logging in using the account you want to license on GitLab.com.
- Please select the Group you want to license then click onto “Update”
This should promote your groups under the group namespace. Alternatively, if you need to change the linked account here is the documentation.
I’m happy to answer any follow-up questions if this does not resolve the situation. If you need to communication any private information please email email@example.com and our team will assist there as well!
Many thanks for your help. I have tried to follow the instructions below, but at
Point 5. Select Proceed to checkout.
I can’t seem to proceed without entering credit card details. Although I understand the balance is zero, I’m not comfortable entering my private credit card details. Do you have any suggestions for how to proceed?