We’re using omniauth to authenticate users via the azure_activedirectory_v2 method, and our app secret was close to expiring, so I updated it earlier today. (Something we’ve done multiple times before)
But, after updating, Azure AD login does not work anymore, GitLab throws a Invalid client: aadsts7000215: invalid client secret provided error when trying to authenticate using Azure.
I’ve tried using the app and secret in a test app, and I can retrieve a token via a client_credential flow without error, so the secret clearly works.
As mentioned, this is not a new install, nothing has changed except the secret which was copied using builtin Azure Portal functionality and tested in another app to actually function. (Though i’m not sure what flow GitLab uses)
We are running GitLab Enterprise Edition v16.4.1-ee.