ERROR: Uploading artifacts to coordinator... forbidden

Hi guys, coming accross an issue when using artifacts for the first time.

I’m using the Omnibus package on Debian Jessie - latest version installed. Output of sudo gitlab-rake gitlab:env:info:

System information
System:         Ubuntu 14.04
Current User:   git
Using RVM:      no
Ruby Version:   2.3.1p112
Gem Version:    2.6.6
Bundler Version:1.13.6
Rake Version:   10.5.0
Sidekiq Version:4.2.1

GitLab information
Version:        8.14.5
Revision:       6f43aa0
Directory:      /opt/gitlab/embedded/service/gitlab-rails
DB Adapter:     postgresql
SSH Clone URL:
Using LDAP:     yes
Using Omniauth: no

GitLab Shell
Version:        4.0.3
Repository storage paths:
- default:      /var/opt/gitlab/git-data/repositories
Hooks:          /opt/gitlab/embedded/service/gitlab-shell/hooks/
Git:            /opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/git

Error on CI build:

ERROR: Uploading artifacts to coordinator... forbidden  id=1698 responseStatus=403 Forbidden status=403 Forbidden token=xxxxxx
FATAL: permission denied                           
ERROR: Build failed: exit status 1

Any ideas?


I seem to be running into the same issue. Were you able to solve it? I been poking around and i cant seem to figure out why i am hitting this.

I’m running into this error as well. I haven’t gotten anywhere in troubleshooting. GitLab isn’t providing much information.

I just ran into same issue.

Turns out that the uploading of artifacts is done with a POST to the gitlab instance, abut it’s missing the Content-Length header.

My WAF intercepts it as follows:

ModSecurity: Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Operator EQ matched 0 at REQUEST_HEADERS. [file “/etc/modsecurity/10_asl_rules.conf”] [line “58”] [id “390616”] [rev “2”] [msg “ WAF Rules: POST request must have a Content-Length header”] [severity “WARNING”] [hostname “removed”] [uri “/api/v4/jobs/2/artifacts”]

Not sure if you have same issue, but I posted the issue here:

A quick workaround would be disabling a couple of modsec rules. See this post.

For me, this was just a bad upgrade. I restarted the server and it started working.