I’m trying to migrate my GitHub repos to GitLab but would like to keep those repo’s in sync with a GitLab upstream for the social aspects of GitHub.
Since I’m on a Free acccount, I understand that I cannot pull(mirror) from GitHub but am getting an error message when I try to setup GitHub as a push(mirror) destination:
Steps I’ve taken:
- Using gitlab.com
- Created Personal Access Token on GitHub with repo access based on this guide.
- Go to Project>Setting>Repository>Mirroring Repositories in Gitlab.
- Enter URL for the private GitHub repo
- Enter Access Token in the Password field.
- Click on “Mirror repository” and then “Update now”.
I see the following error:
13:close stream to gitaly-ruby: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = Gitlab::Git::RepositoryMirroring::RemoteError: remote: Repository not found. fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://github.com/balaji-dutt/repo.git/'
I can confirm that the repo exists in GitHub.
Does the “mirror repository” option not support private repositories as targets for free accounts?