I’ve got a quick question for our upgrade path and GitLab CE.
We currently have GitLab 13.12.2 running on Debian stretch with an external PostgreSQL 11.
Our current plan is to upgrade GitLab to 13.12.8 leaving SQL as-is then upgrade; so our current plan is to:
- Upgrade GitLab from 13.12.2 to 13.12.8
- Ensure it still works
- Stop Gitlab
- Export PostgreSQL 11 DB
- Import PostgreSQL DB into PostgreSQL 13
- Install the PostgreSQL 13 client tools on the GitLab instance
- Update the GitLab config to use the new DB
- Start GitLab and ensure it can see the new DB and works
- Upgrade GitLab to 14.0.4
Does that sound good? or should we upgrade the DB to 13 first, then go to GitLab 13.23.8 then 14?
We’ll be snapthotting the drives etc so that should this go wrong we can backtrack; I’m just trying to make this as smooth as possible as GitLab is one of our critical processes .