Automate release in gitlab ci
The goal is pretty straightforward, during the CI/CD pipeline, I would like to create a release associated with a tag (and this is pretty automatic), and then I would like to upload a binary associated with the release.
Ideally I would like to use the same style I already use for the artifacts.
I made some research, and I found some interesting resources:
- first of all I found workaround, or external extension, and it wasn’t very encouraging…
- I found that it’s possible to use Release API to operate with
- or https://www.philipp-doblhofer.at/en/blog/gitlab-automatic-releases-with-ci-cd-pipelines/
- or https://juhani.gitlab.io/go-semrel-gitlab/
- or https://ruleoftech.com/2020/automate-versioning-and-changelog-with-release-it-on-gitlab-ci-cd
- But then I found this awesome guy Sean Carrol that actually asked, thought and developed, the same (much better actually) thing I did:
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/merge_requests/19298 The MR is merged but I cant find any documentation on that
I’m asking you…
What is the best way to do so?