Upgrade from 14.2.7 to 14.3.6 Errors

Can someone please help, I am going through the upgrade path from GitLab as we were running 12.9.0 and I have gotten to 14.2.7, but each time I try installing either 14.3.6 or bypassing and trying 14.9.5 I get 2 different errors, I would love to get this system upto date, I am not a Linux person, so help…

System Info:
------------
chef_version=15.17.4
platform=ubuntu
platform_version=18.04
ruby=ruby 2.7.5p203 (2021-11-24 revision f69aeb8314) [x86_64-linux]
program_name=/opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/chef-client
executable=/opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/chef-client

Recipe: gitlab::gitlab-rails

  • execute[clear the gitlab-rails cache] action run
    • execute /opt/gitlab/bin/gitlab-rake cache:clear
      Recipe: gitaly::enable
  • runit_service[gitaly] action restart (up to date)
  • runit_service[gitaly] action hup
    • send hup to runit_service[gitaly]

Running handlers:
There was an error running gitlab-ctl reconfigure:

runit_service[gitaly] (gitaly::enable line 94) had an error: Mixlib::ShellOut::ShellCommandFailed: ruby_block[restart_service] (/opt/gitlab/embedded/cookbooks/cache/cookbooks/runit/libraries/provider_runit_service.rb line 51) had an error: Mixlib::ShellOut::ShellCommandFailed: Expected process to exit with [0], but received ‘1’
---- Begin output of /opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/sv restart /opt/gitlab/service/gitaly ----
STDOUT: timeout: run: /opt/gitlab/service/gitaly: (pid 17843) 1708s, got TERM
STDERR:
---- End output of /opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/sv restart /opt/gitlab/service/gitaly ----
Ran /opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/sv restart /opt/gitlab/service/gitaly returned 1

Running handlers complete
Chef Infra Client failed. 28 resources updated in 01 minutes 14 seconds

There was an error running gitlab-ctl reconfigure. Please check the output above for more
details.

dpkg: error processing package gitlab-ee (–configure):
installed gitlab-ee package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have made sure there are no Background Migration tasks running, these 15 have all completed

Did a 2nd run of the installer, this fixed the issue, so have now managed to get upto 15.5.2