How can i set up 2fa for gitlab without a smartphone or a ubikey (i have none)?
Both of the linked possibilities have only smartphone support, as far as i can see.
I use 2FA on some sites with https://bitwarden.com/ which has a 2FA generator (in addition of being an overall good password manager)
Please go through below steps to achieve it:
- Visit Google Chrome Web Store.
- Then go to “Extensions” tab.
- Type “Authenticator” in search box.
- Select “Authenticator” extension, offered by [authenticator.cc].
- Click on “Add to Chrome” button.
- Now, you’ll get Authenticator icon(Which is just added by you) on the top right of your Chrome browser.
- Now, go to your GitLab accout page and click on “Enable two-factor authentication” button.
- Then, select the pencil icon followed by the plus sign within the Authenticator icon. (you can also choose “scanner”).
- Then again go to your GitLab page and crop the area where scan code is being available.
- Click on “ok” button from the pop-out.
- Copy the generated code from Authenticator and paste it in text box of “Pin code”.
- Click on “Register with two-factor app” button.