GitLab version: 12.9.0 (9a382ff2c82), standalone
Deletion of empty subgroup deletes also all archived projects of that subgroup (they have been archived separately, before deleting a subgroup).
- have a project (1+) that sits under subgroup
- realize that all the projects in the subgroup are due to being archived
- want to archive whole subgroup (not possible)
- archive every project under this subgroup (possible)
- realize that subgroup still exists and is not archived, but it’s empty
- delete subgroup
What is desired effect?
- either subgroup can be archived, involving all projects within it
- or all projects are archived but still available, despite deleting the (empty) subgroup
What happens instead?
- subgroup is deleted
- all projects of this subgroup before archiving are deleted too! o_O (they can not be found in the GitLab at all)
I do not think this is something desired. Or is it?