On GitLab, I collaborate mainly with myself and sometimes on gitlab-org/gitlab. Working with projects on GitHub, and their notifications system getting reworked has led me to some confusion.
- Does a to-do get added when a comment is added to a thing (issue, mr) the user authored?
- Does a to-do get added when a comment is made to a thing the user commented on?
- Does a to-do get added when a comment is made to a thing the user subscribed to notifications?
- Can you subscribe to comments including comments to threads the user is not participating in?
- How the heck does the notifications toggle work, do I get all activity regarding a thing or only major events (comment, issue closed, merged; not bot added a label)?
I have an internal feeling that I have been left out of some issues.