I’m trying to install GitLab runners by following the guide at this link: Manage cluster applications | GitLab
In my case, I’m working in a self-hosted environment, and I’ve completed the following steps:
- Created a project where I configured a Kubernetes agent.
- Created a second project using the cluster management project template.
- Provided CI access to the cluster management project from the agent project.
- To install the runners, I modified the helmfile.yaml file and uncommented the line: path: applications/gitlab-runner/helmfile.yaml
- Set the necessary variables like KUBE_CONTEXT, CI_SERVER_URL, and GITLAB_RUNNER_TOKEN.
However, when I start the deployment, I see it remains pending with the error:
“This job is stuck because you don’t have any active runners that can run this job.”
I am trying to install the runners, but is it possible that I need at least one GitLab runner up and running to install runners on Kubernetes? If that’s the case, perhaps the guide needs to be updated?