Developing modern software requires an automated pipeline that builds, tests, and deploys your application, complete with its required infrastructure. GitLab is a Git-based version control server, available at gitlab.com or as a private server. GitLab CI provides automated builds and deployments right from within GitLab. With GitLab CI, it is easy to add build and deployment automation that triggers on every code change, helping you build high-quality, reliable software and deploy it to production at speed.
This course by Packt will give you a hands-on tutorial on GitLab CI. You will use GitLab CI to create a DevOps pipeline to automatically build, test, and deploy software to virtual machines and container environments.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-Auto-DevOps-with-GitLab-CI
What You Will Learn
- Automate your application builds, tests, and deployments through a simple configuration of GitLab CI.
- Build confidence in your software by integrating test and quality checking into your development process.
- Deploy your application automatically to virtualized and containerized cloud environments so your software is always up-to-date
- Integrate monitoring so you can be sure your application is working well in production
- Create your own automated build infrastructure fully under your control.
Alan Hohn is a Lockheed Martin Fellow who specializes in DevOps, microservice architecture, and agile. He is experienced at deploying and configuring GitLab CI and in helping teams take advantage of its ability to automate application builds, tests, and deployments. He has extensive experience teaching technical topics and loves to combine examples and explanation to make any technology clearer.