Our quarterly GitLab hackathon starts today! Join us for some open-source contributions, tackling challenges in ruby, vue, or go, and win some exciting prizes!
The GitLab Hackathon is a virtual event open to anyone interested in contributing code, docs, UX designs, translations, and more! Participate in leveling up your skills and getting to know the community and GitLab team members.
The hackathon runs from November 29 - December 6, 2022, 12:00 pm UTC! RSVP on the Meetup event to make sure your contributions are counted.
Save the date for the next GitLab Hackathon Office Hours on Thursday, Dec 1st at 2:00 pm UTC.
What else you need to know
- We curate and hand-pick issues for each contribution area and encourage you to explore the issues available.
- Contribution areas include security, front-end, back-end, and the handbook.
- All qualifying MRs must be submitted between November 29th 12:00 UTC & December 6th 12:00 UTC and be merged by January 6th at 23:00 UTC.
- Prizes are awarded based on the most points gathered. Points are calculated based on whether an MR is contributing/closing an existing issue/epic.
- You can find all the necessary details on the Hackathon page.
If you have any questions, please drop them on this post! See you in the issue queues!