we are trying to mirror git projects between two Gitlab CE instances. Requirements:
- push mirroring between the instances
- no bi-directional mirroring necessary, target instance is read-only
- we want to mirror ALL projects in
<source gitlab>(except possibly private projects) to a group namespace in
- Set up nightly cron job which uses the Gitlab API to create a repository in
<target gitlab>if it doesn’t exist and sets up corresponding repository push mirroring in
- How can we handle frequent changes of project names and name spaces in
Since IDs uniquely identify projects, an idea is to mirror repositories to
<target gitlab>/<group>/<project_id>/<namespace>/<project_name>. However, then a change of project name or name space would lead to a change in mirror URL and lead to orphaned projects.
Is there a more elegant way to do this?