I’m trying to transfer an (archived) repository from one organization to another on Gitlab.com. The source organization is on the free plan, while the target organization is on a paid plan. (Which is exactly the reason I’m transferring this repo.)
I’ve been trying this at various moments in the last few weeks now, but every time I start the transfer I get a 500 error (see screenshot).
The repo is archived, but I guess the same error when I unarchive the repo before the transfer. I have successfully transferred other repo’s (both archived and unarchived) from the same source org to the same target org. This leads me to believe there’s either a bug in GitLab or some hidden property on my repo that prevents the transfer, but I have no idea exactly what.
Since this behaviour has been happening for a long time now, I don’t think any recent issue is to blame here. For example I found Error 500 on Transfer, but that does not seem relevant for my use case.
Hope someone can help!
If someone with access to logs wants a peek: the request ID is
(I guess I could also do an export and import of the repo, but I find a transfer much more convenient)