I am trying to integrate Gitlab 8.15.4 with Jira 7.2.5. I tried to follow the gitlab documentation in /help/project_services/jira.md, but the instructions and JIRA screenshots seem out of date. I think I did the spirit of the instructions:
- Created a GitLab user in JIRA
- Created a gitlab-develoeprs group
- Added GitLab user to the gitlab-developers group
- I then gave the group and user all of the permissions I could think of
- I then a configured Gitalb project to map to the JIRA url, project key, username and password, and the transition id
I know the JIRA account is working because I can log in as the GitLab user and see issues in the project of interest. When I press the Test button in Gitlab, it says the test was successful. However, when I commit to git with a JIRA issue ID, Gitlab does not even hyperlink the issue in the commit message, and I do not see any activity on the JIRA side.