I am new on integrating Gitlab to Jira.
When I tried to connect JIRA to Gitlab through DVCS account, I got an error “Error obtaining access token. Cannot access https://<MY_HOST> from Jira.”
The environment of mine is Jira Cloud (standard version) and self-hosted Gitlab with self-signed certificate.
The steps I followed from the official documents of Jira and Gitlab are shown as below:
- Create an user - UserJIRA on Jira with site-admin permission
- Create an user - UserGitlab on Gitlab with admin permission
- On Jira, use the UserJIRA to create a personal API token
- On Gitlab, use UserGitlab to enable the integration of JIRA with the API token generated in step 3
- On Gitlab, Add a new application in a Group Settings
- On Jira, create a DVCS account using the application ID and secret generated from step 5 as the Client ID and Client secret.
- On Jira, click “Add” on browser would redirect to Gitlab
- On Gitlab, click “Authorize” in the same browser where is just redirected from Jira would return the page to Jira
- Receive the error message: Error obtaining access token. Cannot access https://<MY_HOST> from Jira.
Currently, I only have self-signed certificate for my self-managed Gitlab server.
Is this the reason of failing to integrate Gitlab to Jira?
Or what I missed for configuring?
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Or, how to debug for this?
Thanks for any help…