Hi everybody !
Rookie question I guess ? For three days now I’ve been trying to set up gitlab pages in my home environment and I can’t get it working, I keep getting a 404 error when accessing it.
Gitlab runs on a docker container, and so does Gitlab-runner.
Server name : http://gitlab.local/
Gitlab hostname : gitlab.local
DNS entry in router : *.gitlab.local
Username : adrien13330
Project name : pelican
Path to page in Gitlab Settings > Pages : http://adrien13330.gitlab.local/pelican
Updated pelican/publishconf.py’s variable SITEURL to SITEURL = ‘http://adrien13330.gitlab.local/pelican’
Edited Gitlab.rb with the following informations :
- pages_external_url “http://gitlab.local/”
- gitlab_pages[‘inplace_chroot’] = true
Then I ran the gitlab-ctl reconfigure command
I’m using a basic pelican template cloned from https://gitlab.com/pages/pelican
- What are you seeing, and how does it differ from what you expect to see?
The project runs fine and I can download the artifact.
In settings the “pages” menu shows up but the link it provides leads to a 404 error instead of the pelican page that Gitlab generated.
- Consider including screenshots, error messages, and/or other helpful visuals
The only error message I ran into is 404 not found on my browser.
- What version are you on (Hint:
/help) ? and are you using self-managed or gitlab.com?
Self-managed Gitlab EE in a Docker container, latest version (13.4.1)
- What troubleshooting steps have you already taken? Can you link to any docs or other resources so we know where you have been?
I’ve been following the documentation from Gitlab : https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/pages/#dns-configuration