Replace this template with your information
Describe your question in as much detail as possible:
- What are you seeing, and how does it differ from what you expect to see?
I’m a system engineer trying to use GitLab Enterprise (GitLab 13.8 EE Premium) for project management. I’m trying to track dependencies such as the following Kubernetes example:
- Issue 122 (Implement a feature) is waiting for Epic ZZ (Upgrade to Kubernetes 1.19)
- Issue 123 (Fix this a bug) is waiting for Epic ZZ (Upgrade to Kubernetes 1.19)
- Epic ZZ (Upgrade to Kubernetes 1.18) is waiting for Epic YY (Upgrade to Kubernetes 1.17)
- Epic YY (Upgrade to Kubernetes 1.17) is waiting for Epic XX (Upgrade Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04)
What is the right way to track epics that block issues or other epics?
I know that issues can be linked to other issues (“Relates to”, “blocks”, “Is blocked by”). Can we do the same thing with Epics?