Hello there, we are planning to provide code hosting solution to the users on our website. So basically, we will try to give users version control mechanism so they can use the website for hosting their codes. For that, installing GitLab CE seems the best solution.
We see that installation of GitLab CE is straightforward. However, we are not sure about its what all efforts / skills are needed to maintain the server so that we provide proper service to the users. To give you background, we are 2 developers ( 1 PHP and 1 frontend). So it’s really a big question as to how much efforts will be needed to run and maintain the production server with GitLab CE installed. So here are few specific questions which you can use to help us
- what all skills are required to maintain and smoothly run the server?
- what all are the activities that we will need to do continuously? (for e.g. tech support to monitor server is up and running)
- Is it advisable to run and maintain such a server with just 2 developers?
- what all are the terms of CE that we will have to take care so we don’t violate those terms (for e.g. it is mandatory to use GitLab logo even though its community edition)?
- how much time will be needed to install and run CE?
Any other suggestions and points are most welcomed. Thank you in advance!!