I tried to fix the problem myself but was not successful.
I want to clone several repositories with the GitHub client from 3 different GitLabs on Windows. For this I used this tutorial here:
- I created a SSH Key pair and added the public key to all my profiles on the different GitLabs
- I created the access token on each GitLab
- When I try to clone the repositories via https and ssh I get an “authentcation failed” instead of being asked for the GitLab credentials
Is there something I missed?
My troubleshooting steps:
- Logout from GitHub
- Delete my GitHub Credentials in the Windows Credential Manager
- Uninstall and Reinstall Github Client