Hello, I am a newbie and find myself in a catch 22; here is the scenario:
- I signed up gitlab.com with my company email: email@example.com
- After a while I decided to have a generic account for my company (my company).
- I signed up for a new account (username: my company) but gave an email that was not yet functional: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The sign up process went through the usual email confirmation step.
- When the email was finally functional, I clicked on the resend button but nothing happened. Didn’t receive any email.
- Went back to the beginning of the sign up process, but it complained that the email address already existed in the system.
- I then proposed my email address, with the hope of changing it once logged in, but that actually pointed me to my already existing personal account.
- I have tried a number of combinations (username/email) without much success.
At this time, I am ready to delete the company account, but I have no access to it. I cannot create a new one because gitlab says it already exist. I could also delete my personal account in the hope to release what seems to be a link between it and my company’s account, but I’d rather avoid this if possible.
I’d appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!