- are using third-party software on our local server to do builds.
- installed and registered a GL runner on our local server
- call the local build script successfully from a pipeline inside GL.
The third-party build software generates log files. It would be nice to access them via the GL UI when the builds fail, rather than log into our local server and track down the logs for the failed job.
I tried registering them as artifacts…:
- by copying them from the build folder to the local git folder.
- but they don’t show up on the GL UI pipelines page (https://gitlab.ourdomain.com/project/folder/-/pipelines) using the “Download artifacts” button on the right. It says, “No artifacts found”.
- they do appear on the GL UI job results page (https://gitlab.ourdomain.com/project/folder/-/jobs/1234567) in the “Job artifacts” section using the “Download” button on the right, but they are in a zip file.
Is there a “better” way to register log files with dynamic names and make them easily accessible / visible from the pipeline results log? I feel like I’m applying a “square peg to a round hole” method.