Good day all,
We need to go over to a new server with the ‘latest’ Enterprise Edition version (10.5.0-ee) of Gitlab. Our old Gitlab instance (version 9.1.0 ce) is on a Ubuntu 12.04, and I cannot upgrade the Gitlab instance anymore.
My guess is that the Ubuntu version must be upgraded first, before I can upgrade the Gitlab instance also. The strategy I come with is now:
- On a virtual machine with Gitlab version 9.1.0 (ce) a backup of the production Gitlab server is restored
- The Gitlab instance is upgraded to version 10.5.x
- A backup is made of that data or…
- The projects are exported
- The backup is restored in the Gitlab 10.5.x-ee production server, or…
- The exported projects are imported at the 10.5.x-ee production server
But in this strategy I assume a few things I need the be confirmed first.
- Backups can be restored from Community Edition to Enterprise Edition (with the same version numbers)
- Exported projects from Community Edition can be imported in Enterprise Edition (with same version numbers)
Could someone give me some feedback?